Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mission Two


As I mentioned Monday, I wanted to make sure I got you all some preliminary info on what we want to do for a small follow-up to our first Mission.

Now, I say 'small', though I consider that to be a relative term. Hear me out.

Mission Two will be the giving of 2 iPads to 2 families in time for Christmas. But here's the thing. No donations required. We have the iPads already.

And while yeah...2 iPads are not 100, or 50, or 20 or even 10, ANY life that is changed by this technology is a good thing, and that's the way I gotta feel about it.


There is a story behind how we happened to end up with each of these iPads, each is kind of interesting, and we'll give them away here kinda like we did before, but we are going to go about it in a slightly different way, not in a 'merit-based decision' kind of way. At least for these two.

That doesn't mean John Q Public can enter the giveaway. There will be Special Needs parameters. But for this one there won't be forms and IEP's and the like to fill out, it will be a bit easier to enter, here through the blog site, but also a bit harder to win, since we don't have as many to go around.

Also we will, as we are doing this Mission Two: '2 for 2', begin our first (what we call) Side Mission (yes, I know I play WAY too many video games, Mom!), and I will go over the details on THAT next week. This will be in an effort to inspire some community giving over the holidays and perhaps get some more of these devices or other goodies into the hands of kids who really need them.

It's about all we can do for now, at least for the calendar year of 2011. 2012 might be painted with an entirely different brush, but as I have also alluded to, there are a lot of chestnuts in the fire, so to speak, things I am waiting to find out more about. But it's safe to say that we have some fairly lofty goals, it is simply going to take effort and time to achieve them.

But for now, I have GOT to get back to packing an automobile. Hope you all (those of you in the U.S. who celebrate this kind of thing) have a great Holiday weekend, full of family, friends, fun and if you get into that whole Black Friday thing...well, try not to go TOO crazy on the credit cards.

PEACE.

-Ken
On behalf of:
The Mission: iPossible! Group

2 comments:

Justine said...

Seriously?!? That is wonderful!!! I'm very excited and can hardly wait for the details! Meanwhile, have a great Thanksgiving!

Samantha said...

I'd love to get the details on this and how I can apply for my son. Been trying fundraisers to get the funding to get one for him, but nobody seems interested in donating or in at least passing along the info on the fundraiser (we're on a really neat app on facebook now called FundRazr. Just started this one. http://goo.gl/CdUQU )