Thursday, December 1, 2011
Mission Two: Special Needs iPad Giveaway for the Holidays 2011
Who'da thunk it? Here it is at last.
Got a bit sidetracked earlier in the week. A bit of a cold bug, which I wrote about in my own personal blog. No need to go over it here. So here we go, on with the actual giveaway parameters for the launch of our second iPad Mission.
We're handling this Mission a bit differently, like I said before, because, well, Mission One was more of a Restoration Effort. From here on out, we get to do what we want to do. And since Mission Three is much broader in scope, Mission Two is much tighter, because of the time frame.
Essentially, we've got two iPads to give away.
These are the 16GB, Wi-Fi models that we gave out in Mission One. Not the 3G capable kind. They are both black. The color is not negotiable because we have them in hand already. They were each received by Heather via unique and interesting circumstances, and I'll be sharing the stories here in the coming days.
In order to become eligible to enter this giveaway, you need to do the following:
1. Take a photograph of your child or use an existing one you already have and host it somewhere on the Internet.
2. Write a statement of no less than 100 words about what your child's communication-related disability is and why you believe your child would benefit from this groundbreaking technology. Why the request for the photo and the text? WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW THE PEOPLE WE SERVICE. Plain and simple. We like pictures of kids, and it is important to not just be names and numbers. This is still about community.
3. Post a link to the photo of your child at the end of your comment.
4. Post the entry here.
5. NOPE, the link doesn't count as part of the 100-word count, silly!
6. Please limit your comments in this blog post to entries only. I have a separate post, called Mission Two: Questions and Answers, all ready to go if you have any Questions (or even comments). (EDIT 12/03/11: Comment away and ask your questions here. I gave it some thought and after seeing that there wasn't really a deluge, and also realizing that I was making this whole thing a bit more complicated than it needed to be, I'm revising #6. Hey, so I made a wee bit of a mistake...happens. :) )
If you are selected as a Recipient, you MAY be asked to fill out an Eligibility Form, Release Form, etc., similar to the ones we had up previously on our site (I will get the revised ones up shortly with Mission Two specific parameters), and this may or may not include various documentations such as a letter of need from a Speech Therapist or Physician in your child's life. (But don't sweat any of this kind of thing PLEASE...and remember...full Privacy applies to this part, any of that kind of info stays private.)
These types of things are vital so that we can verify that any Recipient is a child in need of an iPad and that said child does indeed have a communication-related disability. We are, after all, trying to fulfill a Humanitarian mission here, and we don't want to just give out iPads to everyone, though that would be super radiliciously awesome if we could, 'natch.
This giveaway starts as soon as this post goes live and the acceptance for entries will remain open until Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM EST. It is open to U.S. Residents only this time around I'm sorry to say. But I assure you, all future Missions are not going to be limited in that fashion.
Yup, that's 2 weeks. 2 iPads. 2 families. Mission 2. It's liked I PLANNED IT!!!!
(Or if you prefer: The Specific Rules of Entry)
- Only one entry per household, even if you have more than one child with a disability.
- No entries will be accepted past the deadline. There will be no exceptions to this whatsoever, sorry.
- A valid e-mail address is absolutely required. If you leave a comment and you do not have a valid e-mail attached to your commenting name (as in you already write a blog or some such), then you MUST leave your e-mail address in your comment. If there is no e-mail, your entry will not qualify. (ADDENDUM: If you feel weird about leaving your e-mail address in a public forum, you can send it to me privately at email@example.com. I have no problem accepting it there.)
- We will assign everyone who enters a number after the giveaway is closed, and using the website random.org we will determine the Recipients. We will announce the Recipients here on this site, and if they respond and are reachable, as soon as we have confirmation and verification and all the ducks are a'quacking (that means everything checks out) we will ship out the iPads.
- If you are chosen as a Recipient, and the announcement is made of such a position, it is your responsibility to be available and able to be contacted regarding the details of the winning the giveaway (see above RE: valid e-mail address!) If you do not respond to our post or our message to you about your status within 24 hours of our announcement, you will become ineligible and the next family in sequence will become the Recipient of the iPad.
- As stated above, because of the short time frame, if you enter this contest, BE AVAILABLE. And be sure you have an e-mail that works. If you are worried about your e-mail functioning, then privately send me your phone number. Because as I said, if we do not hear back from a Recipient in 24 hours, another winner will be chosen. The idea is to get an iPad into the hands of two families for Christmas, not Easter!
- As a Recipient, it will also be up to you to move quickly as well on the paperwork side of things. I am going to work it out so that you do not have to mail it for this Mission. I am going to work it out so that I can have you send me what I need electronically. The forms will still be there, for reference sake, but I will work with someone so that at least for this Mission we have the ability to just do a transfer of info very fast. But if you do not have the Eligibility info available within 7 days of being informed of becoming a Recipient, you will become ineligible and the next family in sequence will become the Recipient of the iPad..
- These rules are flexible, as in subject to change and variate as the giveaway progresses, and there is no fee for entry.
That about covers it. If you have any question, fire away. Other than that, go ahead and get started!
On behalf of:
The Mission: iPossible! Group