Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Aeir Apparent


How've you been?

I haven't really had much of a chance to post here, we have been dealing with so much lately. For me, it has been a multifaceted medical mystery, for Heather some very scary and painful visits to the ER (but also a super cool announcement of an engagement), and Eric has had some stuff going that you can read about at his blog too. We are all super busy. Always seems to be that way, huh?

All of the iPads for Missions 3 and 4 have been delivered, we have some iPosts to get written, and we will. It's been a bit of a slow start to getting Mission 5's rocket off the launching pad, but if you have seen my MRI or the photo of Heather's toe on Facebook, well...I think you will understand that we both (and I am smiling as I type this) are still committed to this, we are just making sure we pace ourselves, know what I mean?


In the meantime, a good friend of mine who is, surprisingly, from outside our SN Community, sent me a link to this article, called Aeir Talk Gives A Father’s Autistic Kids A Voice. The App for Communication looks very promising, and when I get some time I intend to download it and give it a shot.

How can you NOT do it for only $1.99!?! Hell we paid fifty bucks for iCommunicate, which we think is pretty groovy, and if this is as cool as it looks like it could be then hey, two bucks is a freaking STEAL!

Hope you all are doing well. We'll be back with more soon.

PEACE.

7 comments:

Kevin Jordan said...

Looks like a pretty simple and straightforward app. I might give it a try for Zac, especially for $1.99. Thanks for posting!

Kevin Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Can relate to the busyness of this time of year. We are in the IEP processes with evaluations and all the other stuff that goes with that.

I hope all 3 of you are able to find time for some rest between all that you have going on.

Thanks for the info on the app. I know after having my son's assistive technology evaluation and finding out the app they suggest we purchase once we get an ipad costs $190, yikes.

We are doing a trial run with the app on an ipod, and it's looking promising.

Today my son said 3 words.... "bah" (that is how he says mom), "come" and "run"... he wanted me to chase him around the yard. I'm so jazzed !!

Take care, and hope all the tests you have coming up are painless and informational !!

Dani said...

that looks like a really cool app :)

Cathy C said...

Hope you guys are doing better! Sounds like a rough patch for you. Good luck!

Carolyn said...

I'm gonna check out the app! Daniel is loving the ones we use so far. One cool thing we do is download books for him that are read aloud.

blogzilly said...

The Smelly Sprout? ;) That is one Bennett is laughing at right now for some reason. Maybe because I laugh at it.

I gotta update the site! WAY in 'So Far Behind Mode'. But MAN it hurts to be seated for long periods of time for computer time, so I tend to limit it to just work.